June 9, 2011

Long time comin'

Finished my niece's quilt at long long long last. I hope she likes it, because there were so many times I nearly ditched this project. I started out with some fat quarters of Tina Givens Fairy Tip-toes, and at the time, loved it. I even loved it when I got each set of blocks pieced together. But then, oh then, I made some terrible choices with border colors and what not, but given that I have to order my fabric online, I had to make do with what I chose. And boy, is that a lot of pink. And not soft, baby, easy on the eyes pink, no, this is screaming in your face pink.

But, it's done. Hallelujah!

the front

the back

I'm glad I finished it, it is going to a special girl who could certainly use a special present, just for her. My niece recently broke her arm, had to have surgery to repair it, and then got pneumonia, like, the very next day! Poor girl. I just hope she can survive all that pink. Hmm, or maybe I should be more worried about how her parents handle it?

No comments: