November 12, 2008

Chicago!

While SGT T was at jump school I had the opportunity to meet Mom in Chicago for a few days while she was there for work. Lucky for me, she generously donates her frequent flier miles to my "see the world" cause, otherwise I definitely wouldn't get to see the places I've seen. So we met up at the airport and took the metro into town to the hotel. Oh yeah, also lucky for me, when I meet her where she has work events going on I get to stay with her at the hotel her work pays for which allows for us to stay at some way nicer places

than if we had to pay for it out of pocket.

One of my favorite things about traveling with my mom is that we have similar interests and a shared itsy bitsy attention span at museums and other worldly and cultural activities. The extent of our touristy activities included twenty minutes at Shedd Aquarium, Hard Rock Cafe for burgers (and SGT T's requisite t-shirt), a river and lake tour followed up by defrosting ourselves at Giordano's with some stuffed pizza.

Chicago is a beautiful city and I really enjoyed my time there. I know it's cliche, but I really enjoyed the architecture and history this city offered.


1 comment:

Lisa and Josh said...

you know you're getting old when you appreciate the architecture and history behind it all!