March 18, 2009

Is that a hair in my sock?

In the last year I have had two haircuts, one in South Korea and one in North Carolina (sidenote- I can't tell you how many times I've started a sentence with "When I lived in North Korea" because of that combination of living places). If you include the redo of the NC-mall-haircut a day later, I've actually had three hair cuts in the last 16 months. I can't remember how long it had been before I left for Korea that I had a haircut, but as you can see based on last year, it was most likely several months prior. Every day I've been telling myself to just go down to SuperCuts and get it cut, just a trim because lord knows you shouldn't make drastic style changes while hormonally challenged. Every day I convince myself not to, it's just a little pain after a shower to get it combed out, no big deal, suck it up your husband is at war ya wuss. And then today I had a brilliant idea, one that would continue enabling my haircut-laziness as well as serve a good cause for this uber-vitamined hair I've finally got going for me. I will commit to growing my hair the entire time SGT T is deployed, with the rare trim thrown in for avoiding the dry heaves caused by the disgust I get when looking at the split ends I'm sporting, and then chop it all off after he is back and donate to Locks of Love. It's a win-win, no? I win, because I don't have to worry about getting my hair cut, the kids win because they get some red locks, and my husband wins because not only am I "growing out my hair the entire time he is gone to show my support for him and the rest of the troops" but I will cut it all off shortly after he returns so he doesn't have to live with my nasty long hair getting into everything. So really, it's like a win-win-win^2 situation.

1 comment:

Lisa and Josh said...

I swear that I've already left a comment under this post. Did it get deleted? maybe I'm losing my mind and never finish steps that I start like not completing my online credit card payment on the bank website so it didn't ever get paid but I am positive I went to pay it. Anyway, I think Kevin will love the long red locks when he comes home! You can cut your hair the same time you give your baby it's first cut too!