July 19, 2011

Next month, one of my best friends is getting married. I've been invited to be her matron of honor, something she takes very seriously, I believe. Well, I do too, of course, but the bride is probably the most traditional friend I've got, so I know its a very big deal to her to have asked me, so I'm taking it extra super to heart. And I'm very honored. And I'm VERY worried I'm not going to be able to get there. Living in Germany is great, but boy, it's a long and expensive way from home! I have discovered, and embraced, the opportunity to travel Space-A, but I've been tracking flights out of here for the last couple of months and it isn't looking promising for me. There are these categories that determine your priority if a seat is available on a flight and basically I'll be near the bottom. And nobody even close to my category has gotten out in over a month. And the wedding is in less than a month, and dang it, I really want to be there! So, buy a regular ticket, you say! Yeah, have you priced international travel during August lately? We did that last year for the kids and we're still paying that credit card bill off!

Anyways, I'm just bummed because I really want to be there for my friend and I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to. I guess the good news is that I finished her wedding present and it's by far my most successful project yet! I'm very excited about it and can't wait to give it to her! Maybe I'll mail it now so I can share pictures once she gets it. :) But, we'll wait it out and see if travel options look up next month. Fingers crossed!

No comments: